Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Betrayal of innocence

Currently, I am reading a book on "incest", a betrayal of innocence.

It is published in 1978 by a clinical psychologist, mostly covers US patients..hmm let me not call them patients but they are all victims.

I personally have come across few victims who have confided this to me, It is not only female who is always a victim but it is otherwise too. If you happen to talk to any of this victims, you will find them to be very fragile, low in self-esteem, feel inferior, feel they are nothing in this world.

It is not only the betrayal of innocence but its always betrayal of TRUST, LOVE etc. It is more of "trying to belong others sexually" makes all the difference in this kind of relationship.

I am not psychologist to do a research in india....But as for as I come to know, it is alarmingly raising in india too.

Someone dealing with "Clinical psychology" can help us understand all the aspect of it. I am trying to comprehend atleast a little from the perspective of a victim from what i am reading in the book.

I shall try my best to share what I have learned.

No comments: