Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Customer Care (CITI BANK) - Personal Identity Verification over phone

Today I happened to call CITI BANK Customer for some reasons as stated below, I had placed two requests for which I was verified Two times on a SAME Call made to Customer Care.

Following is the mail sent on to indiaservice@citicorp.com, according to the Executive this mail id will be accessed by managers. Readers may use this id to highlight their grievances to managers of CITI BANK Customer Care Services.

Follows the mail sent to Customer Care ( indiaservice@citicorp.com ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Good Morning!!!

Today I happened to call CitiBank Customer Care for Reversal of one of the transactions I mistakenly made on 24/Jul/2008.

Executive who answered was Ms.Kamatchi Egambaram, I appreciate her for her patience and polite in answering to questions.

As a process, she verified my Account Details and personal details before taking my request of reversal. Upon verification we proceeded with the reversal request (Ref No : 77XX8). She further suggested me to go for TPIN facility and requested me to apply for the same using

Netbanking account of mine. I inquired whether is it possible for her to place a request on my behalf with her affirmation we proceeded.

But, here again as a process she wanted me to Verify my details again, which really a ridiculous thing as for as I as a User is concerned.For me, I had already been verified and hence we proceeded with the request (Ref No : 77XX8),

verifying again it means,

    • Previous verification on a same call wasn't taken into account.
    • If that is so, is it that every new requests being made on the same call to Bank treated as FRESH CALL and mandate a verification each time.
    • If EACH REQUEST is treated as FRESH, why would your Executive has to say "Is there anything that I could help you further?". Is it being said just for the sake of it?.
    • How many REQUESTs can a customer place in a call with your Executive?.
    • How many times a customer is expected to verify himself/herself in a call with your Executive?.

Although I managed to place TPIN request (Ref no : 71XX37XX2), I was really intrigued and irked about this OBVIOUSLY STRANGE SECURITY PROCESS followed in Citi bank.

Requesting bank to review this process as it is unnecessary and repetitive and would save plentity of time and money for both Bank and Customer.

Awaiting to hear from you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Have any such stories to tell about Customer Care (in general) please do mail to the following E-mail ID : jacob.mba.blog@blogger.com

No comments: