Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Procrastination..

I really do not know how this came into my world. Is it by birth?. Is it genetic by nature?. Did I inherit this habit of mine from anybody in my ancestral tree?. [ A topic to be researched and explored in detail]

But I wonder not about all this,as even my coming to this world was much delayed, with lot of prayers to God and saints, I embodied myself and came into existence.Is there a purpose for my coming to this world*?.( 'This World', Is it a right usage? Doesn't it sound there is other world as well).

For more clarity, please mean it as a "World of mine" (eventhough it overlaps and intervenes in many of "your worlds"). Are we not living in the world of our own?. Are we not like atoms in a molecule*?.(In order to understand, Am I to follow Chemistry or Biochemistry?. Should I read molecular chemistry or molecular physics?)

I used to tell people, if its not delayed then there would have been another person living probably in my name (Do you believe in 'Probability and possibility'* theories?). What would have happened, If I were born earlier?. What would have happened, If I were even more late?. (Who is the right person to ask these questions?). Is there anybody who controls my existence?(My thoughts, feelings, emotions).

Who has RIGHT on my life and my existence?. What is the role of my parents?. Why do we need reproduction?. (This is what happens with me mostly, I started with some topic and going astray).

I started believing since my coming to world is delayed, everything about what I do getting delayed. I feel its my inherent nature to be like that. (Am I wrong in my believe?). Surely I am.What my readers think about it?.

I have constantly tried many tricks and tactics to get myself on track but in vain. All failed because of same reason of my dillydallying nature. If you have gone through my previous post, you would have very well understood the underlying reason for getting my plans delayed.

Points to ponder,

a) Why did I start believing that pracrastination is inherent in my nature?.

b) Do I lack determination in what I do?.

c) Am I very much lenient to myself?.

d) What should I be doing to get rid of this habit of mine?.

Readers are welcome to comment!!!

* World, molecule, probability and possibility theories, to be discussed later in coming days.

2 comments:

Reemus Kumar said...

Procrastination....

What I can say is ...

You are not alone... I'm here with you ....

Anonymous said...

I got reminded of a poem taught to me in primary school on procrastination ..
"நாளை நாளை எண்ணாதே
நாளை வீனில் போக்காதே
நாளை செய்யும் காரியத்தை
நலமாய் இன்றே முடிப்பாயே!"

Proper planning, ability to not succumb to laziness and most importantly dedication should drive away the procrastination devil from you!

Good Luck!!