Saturday, August 18, 2007

Novel Readings

Today one of my colleague shared some of Sidney Shelton's books with me.

List of books :

  1. Are You Afraid of The Dark
  2. A stranger in the mirror
  3. Best Laid plans
  4. Memories of midnight
  5. morning noon night
  6. Nothing lasts forever
  7. Rage of Angel
  8. If Tomorrow comes
  9. The doomsday conspiracy
  10. The naked face
  11. The other side of midnight
  12. The stars shine down
  13. Windmills of the Gods
  14. Tell your dreams
  15. The sands of time
  16. The sky is falling

The sands of time, a very first novel I read in English. I started it, when I was doing my Post Graduation course in 1998 ( I am not very good in remembering numbers, dates and year...hmm result of which I usually score poor in History...please mind that I am a graduate student of Mathematics..dont come to me with your Maths problems...Needless to say now I am not very good in it as well).

Reading this novel took me nearly 3-4 months. Hardly I could follow the story, as sidney had used other languages intermittently. I was very much zealous joining one of the so called 'English Novel reading community'. B'coz back in classrooms, I used to hear people bragging about "this and that" Novels which was always remained jargon to me. I was very much wanted to talk like them citing a novel here and an author there,which never happened. I was then a baby in reading novels, who could withstand the pressure coming in from them.

Tell me your dreams a novel I had lent from one of my friends. Currently its in the name of ANNIYAN film (Film in my vernacular Language).

The sky is falling , a very first book I read overnight when I was in bangalore, guess it was year 2000-01. Until now, It stands the record of me completing an English novel in one sitting.

Thanks to 'English Novel reading community' keep fueling my energy in reading English novels. My Journey continues.

P.S: I have a habit of reading novels only when I get them free or lent from others. Not a penny is spent on buying English Novels of (Jeffrey, Sidney, Grisham etc.).

For your understanding on the list of Books.

Red Read Already

Blue Not yet Read

Green Plan for this week(-end)

No comments: